I guess it’s a guilty pleasure of mine but I love competitive mobile games. Taking someone’s gold, trophies or leader board position is fun, challenging and rewarding.
Zepto Labs (the makers of Cut the Rope) is about to release King of Thieves in a few short hours and I can’t wait. I’m hoping it’ll be the kind of casual mobile game I can get hooked on. Nothing has really grabbed my interest since Clash of Clans.
King of Thieves is an innovative game that combines elements of platforming and tower defense. Players protect their loot by building their dungeons for friends and other players to traverse in order to steal your treasure.
It’s not the first game of it’s kind however. Ubisoft recently released The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot for PC. I played the Beta quite a while ago and it was a lot of fun. I had always hoped it would come to mobile but there hasn’t been any talk on that front.
Screenshot: The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
Here’s a list of the key features you can expect from King of Thieves:
- Unique platformer game with PvP multiplayer.
- Steal gold and precious gems from other players.
- Design your own dungeon to protect your treasury.
- Upgrade your traps and craft outfits for your character.
- Use boosts to break the defense of other players’ dungeons.
- Compete with other players in leagues for epic rewards.
- Get to the Golden League and become the wealthiest thief in the world!
King of Thieves will be released today (Feb 12) on iOS, Feb 26 on Amazon and March 5 on Android.
Categories: Game Art