This one has been on my radar for a while now and so far I’ve liked what I’ve seen. You can check out their site or even play a short demo here.
I’m looking forward to the official release so I can review it properly, but in the meantime you can read what the developers Deconstructeam have to say:
“Gods Will Be Watching was created as an entry for the Ludum Dare 26 game jam, developed in less than 72 hours with “Minimalism” as theme, with just a single stage and point’n’click mechanics, a bleak surviving simulator was born. Setting the premises of an interesting story machine, with great emotional charge and intentionally diffuse inspiring plot elements, this mini-game served as a good prototype for our current project: A big game about despair, commitment and self-justified sacrifices, in which the player set the rules of behaviour.
“Gods Will Be Watching is a minimalistic “point and click thriller” centred on despair, commitment, and sacrifice as players face narrative puzzles and moral dilemmas that will affect both the lives of your team and the people you’re are sworn to protect. Set against the backdrop of an interstellar struggle, Gods Will Be Watching follows Sgt. Burden and his crew in six tense chapters from hostage situations and wilderness survival to biological weapon prevention and agonizing torture scenarios. Each decision is crucial and players will need to choose between the lives of their team and the saving the world from genocide. There’s no good or evil, just decisions, with only you and the gods as a judge to your actions”.
- An innovative departure from the traditional point and click adventure taking place in six intimate, tension-filled scenarios linked together through an epic narrative of interstellar espionage.
- Set morals aside as you navigate Sgt. Burden and his team through harrowing predicaments and make decisions that will either save your team or sacrifice their lives for the sake of the mission.
- Solve a wide variety of narrative puzzles and moral dilemmas using your own wits and burden the consequences of your choices. Do you intimidate or comfort your hostages to maintain your tenuous control of the situation? Should you kill the weakest member of your party to save on food for the strong? What is one life worth in the face of annihilation?
- Receive your judgement from the gods upon failure and compare your choices to all other players in the universe over time.
- Over 1,500 beautifully designed sprites tell your story against 15 stunning backgrounds and an emotionally stirring orchestral soundtrack.
(via Gods Will Be Watching)
Categories: Game Art